Positive Signs In Couples
- Desire for amicable post-divorce relationship.
- Willingness to make own decisions
- Desire for fairness.
- Willingness to give and take.
- Ability to regulate intense emotions
- Children’s well-being is more important than financial results of divorce.
Negative Signs In Couples
- Lack of trust that other person will live up to the agreement.
- Desire for revenge.
- Spousal or child abuse.
- Substance abuse.
- Only goal is to save money.
- Little concern about impact of divorce on children.