The Yankees are in first place in the American League East. It reminds me of the Yankees of my youth. I know more players names from those days than now. Mickey Mantle, Whitey Ford, Don Larsen, Phil Rizzuto, and of course Yogi Berra.
He is known more today, however, for his “yogi-isms” – a word that has been commonly used to describe the many humorous quotations for which he is responsible. Here are some well-known examples:
- “When you come to a fork in the road, take it.”
- “It ain’t over ’til it’s over.”
- “It’s like deja vu all over again.”
- “A nickel ain’t worth a dime anymore.”
- “You can observe a lot just by watching.”
- “We made too many wrong mistakes.”
- “I really didn’t say everything I said.”
- “Ninety percent of this game is half mental.”
- “The future ain’t what it used to be.”
- “If you don’t know where you’re going, you will wind up somewhere else.”
- “If the world were perfect, it wouldn’t be.”
- “It’s tough to make predictions, especially about the future.”
Many of these apply to divorce and mediation.
As always, you can post any comment about this blog or Divorce Mediation, or just Mediation by following the directions at the right in the green column or at the bottom of this website.
Learn more about mediation at http://www.center-divorce-mediation.com/ CDM (296) 9/15/15